How To Care for Your Synthetic Hairpiece
- Use wig shampoo specially formulated for synthetic wigs. Mix cold water with a small amount of shampoo in a basin and immerse wig. Gently swirl and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all shampoo is removed.
- Place your wig on a stand to air dry or follow the steps below to condition.
- Apply a small amount of wig conditioner, allow the wig to absorb the conditioner for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all conditioner is removed. Wrap the wig in a towel and gently pat out excess water.
- Place your wig to stand to air dry.
Please note: To prevent fibre damage, do not use a hair dryer, curling iron and any other drying aids and keep wigs away from all sources of excess heat or open flame. (eg. stoves, ovens, barbecues, cigarette lighters)
Hair Spray and Hair Tonics
Never use traditional hair sprays and/or tonics as they will leave excessive residue and damage the rooting the rooting system. Always use products designed for use on wigs and hair pieces.
You can wear your hair piece swimming, however most water contains either chlorine or salt, and both cause bleaching and brittleness to all hair, even synthetics. Be sure to rinse the hair replacement after swimming to remove chlorine or salt.
Sunlight fades all hair whether your own hair or a hair replacement solution. Since the hair in your hair replacement does not grow and renew, protect it from unnecessary exposure to sunlight.
Sleeping with your hair piece on, on a regular basis, is not recommended since it is very hard on the hair and fibers and can reduce the life of the hair piece.
Off the Head Care
When not wearing your hair piece, rest it on a Styrofoam head block. The hair should hang down naturally so it can curve inwards. Never let your hair piece rest on a hard surface with the bottom down.